Production Operatives Required
Due to ongoing expansion we are looking for factory operatives to assist with are ever increasing workload. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic hardworking individual, to gain job satisfaction by being involved in the production process and working with our valued production team.
Main Duties/ Activities:
- To assist in transferring the customer’s conceptual requirements to a finished product (and install if required) the product to the customer’s satisfaction
- To include some or all of the following – cutting and polishing glass, uv bonding glass, painting glass, sandblasting glass, manufacture of curtain walling, deliveries to customers.
- Liaise with the Sales department and/or Customers in defining and agreeing product specifications.
- Assist Sales staff in advising Customers on any relevant issues relating to the preparation of their specification or idea and production timeframes etc.
- Ensure an economical but sufficient level of materials are maintained in stock to meet planned production requirements.
- Ensure production schedules are aligned with agreed deadlines and customer requirements.
- All conflicts or alterations (rescheduling due to changing priorities) should be communicated/agreed with your Supervisor and ultimately Contracts Manager and Sales (who are in direct communication with Customers)
- Be constantly aware of Health & Safety issues and ensure company Health & Safety policy is followed
- Be aware of the use of consumables and ensure waste is kept to a minimum.
- Maintain working area in a tidy and safe condition plus ensure tools and products used in the process are stored in their proper place after use
- On completion of order, forward all paperwork to Accounts Office in a manner that allows a final invoice to be prepared
- All Plant and Machinery to be maintained as per agreed schedules
- Prepare glass for production and process in line with approved practices/training and as instructed by Supervisor/Line Manager)
- Assist other departments as and when requested by Workshop Leader/Supervisor and carry out any other duties deemed by the company to be reasonable and within your competence.
Essential Criteria: Good attention to detail, Ability to work as part of team, Ability to work on own initiative, Flexibility to work outside normal working hours if required
Desirable Criteria: Previous experience working as a Production operative, A full driving licence
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate their adherence to the Criteria in the application form. You will be expected to participate in education, training or development as is necessary, to enable the company to achieve the company’s objectives as communicated to you.
To apply please contact email@example.com or telephone on 028 302 58450 for an application form.
Completed application forms should be submitted by Friday 22nd June 2018 at 5pm either by post to Unit 1 Toomebridge Business Park,Creagh Road, Toomebridge,Co.Antrim, BT41 3UB or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org