Facade / Glazing Estimator Vacancy
Job Title: Façade / Glazing Estimator
The role is based at the Company’s head office in Toomebridge. The successful Applicant will be responsible for the accurate estimation of costs and the preparation of tender documentation for submission to potential clients.
To assist the Sales and Estimating Manager with the following:
- Developing and implementing an annual sales plan, to be agreed with the General Manager, and provide regular reports on progress against the plan
- Identifying new sales opportunities working closely with the marketing department
- Maintaining relationships with present customers and to attempt to renew relationships with previous customers
- Professionally representing the Company in all sales related issues
- Enhancing the relevant market knowledge within the Company
- Maintaining up to date records on sales activity and regularly report on progress against the agreed sales
To assist the Sales and Estimating Manager with the following;
- Reviewing of tender documents received from the client to ensure requirements are understood and prepare a detailed estimate & financial model for review with internal management.
- Executing the estimating process from sending enquiries, to getting departmental input, to providing the handover presentation on contract award.
- Co-ordinating the preparation and presentation of bids in a completed tender document to ensure all documentation is presented in time and in an orderly fashion for the approval of a General Manager.
- Ensuring tender submission is in line with relevant standards / regulations and project specification.
- Maintaining a database of material, sub-contracts, labour and other relevant information
- Assisting the project team on start-up phase with major item requisitions and order planning when required
- A minimum of 5 years working in a similar role within the aluminium fabrication facade and glazing industry.
- A proven track record in façade & glazing projects.
- Experience of ISO Quality Management Systems.
- In depth estimating, design, production & installation knowledge of glazing façade systems such as Schuco, Metal Technology and Aluprof.
- Working knowledge of Logikal, Schucal and Conquest.
- 3rd level education in construction related discipline
- GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and Maths
- Good computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Must be prepared to undertake travel as part of the role.
Commensurate with experience
You will be expected to participate in education, training or development as is necessary, to enable the company to achieve the company’s objectives as communicated to you.
The company reserves the right to update this Job Description or to incorporate change to ensure it relates to the job as then being performed. You will be expected to participate fully in such discussions. However, if agreement is not possible management reserve the right to insist on changes to your job description commensurate with your grade/level in the organization after consultation with you.
Applications in writing to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 24th April 2021