Contracts Manager Job Opportunity
Job Title: Contracts Manager
The role is based at the Company’s head office in Toomebridge. The successful Applicant will be responsible for the successful management of the delivery of contracts and will become part of a dynamic, fast growing company.
He/ She will have the opportunity for personal development whilst adding value to a highly motivated and results driven team.
- Ensuring that contractual requirements are met and that the contract is delivered on time, within budget and of excellent quality
- Liaise with all internal departments as necessary to ensure the successful delivery of the contract
- Develop a good working relationship with other employees, Customers and third parties you are in contact with in relation to delivery of the contract.
- Ensuring that the correct manpower is allocated to the contract to meet with requirements and manage variances in manpower
- Ensuring that all travel and logistical arrangements are sufficient for delivery to be in line with the project requirements
- Management of all Contractual variances to include adequate recording of variances and obtaining agreement on price by liaising with the relevant Company personnel
- Identify subcontractors and agree favourable subcontractor terms, in conjunction with the relevant company personnel
- Managing the performance of subcontractors to ensure delivery by the subcontractors of the highest quality of work at all times
- Work with other relevant departments to producing a realistic programme for contract delivery and ensure that the programme is adhered by all relevant personnel
- Provide informative and accurate reports to your Manager, at agreed intervals, advising on the progress of the contracts
- Ensuring optimum use of all resources available to assist with the contract delivery
- Ensuring all contractual requirements have been met to enable prompt payment
- Have full knowledge of the overall health and safety requirements involved in delivering the contract.
- Experience of ISO Quality Management Systems.
- To transfer to a similar role with another Company with a common shareholder, if required by the Company
- To make effective use of your communication, negotiating, influencing, analytical, problem solving, planning and organising skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- To undertake travel as part of the role
- To effectively use computer programmes as provided by the Company
- Other duties as directed by Management which fall within the reasonable remit of the job description
- Educated to Degree level with at least 5 years previous experience working in a construction / manufacturing industry with knowledge of and input into contracts delivery or 5 years previous experience working in a manufacturing industry with knowledge of and input into contracts delivery
- GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and Maths
- Good computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Competent in Microsoft Project
- Must be prepared to undertake travel as part of the role
- 2 years experience in a similar role within specialist sub contract glazing industry
- Commensurate with experience
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate their adherence to the Criteria in the application form. You will be expected to participate in education, training or development as is necessary, to enable the company to achieve the company’s objectives as communicated to you.
Applications in writing to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 12th Feb 2021