Job Title: Buyer
The role is based at the Company’s head office in Toomebridge. The successful applicant will be responsible for the purchasing function within the company, working within the Commercial Department.
- Assessing requirements for materials to be purchased from requisitions and arranging for the cost-effective purchase of materials of an acceptable quality
- Obtaining and effectively evaluating supplier quotations based on price, quality and delivery expectations
- Research and identify new products and industry trends
- Understanding budget limitations and ensuring materials are purchased within the identified budgets.
- Identifying concerns in relation to budget overspend and endeavouring to achieve savings in other spend
- Effectively dealing with any quality concerns / defective materials / incorrect quantities of materials or other identified issues.
- Ensuring that all requisitions and the issuing of Purchase orders are completed in a timely fashion as required by the demands of the individual project.
- Awareness of departmental KPIs and ensuring records are kept allowing the KPIs to be effectively measured.
- Dealing with Invoice queries & credit card statements
- Dealing with credit and account applications
- Carrying out supplier evaluations / audits on site and producing effective reports of the evaluation/ audit
- Making effective use of your administration, organization, prioritization, communication, negotiation and team working skills.
- All other duties, commensurate with the job description, as directed by Management
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a construction procurement environment
- GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and Maths
- Experience using a range of IT packages including Word, Excel, Accounts, Purchasing packages, ERP Systems
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Attention to detail
- Skilled negotiator to achieve the most competitive commercial terms
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Must be prepared to undertake occasional travel as part of the role
- The right to work and live in the UK
- Educated to degree level
- You must be ambitious, commercially astute, and keen to establish yourself as a Buyer with a successful main contractor who will be offering you a long-term view
- Commensurate with experience
You will be expected to participate in education, training or development as is necessary, to enable the company to achieve the company’s objectives as communicated to you.
Applications in writing to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 12th Feb 2021